Are you looking for something different but easy for dinner? This Orange Sesame Chicken recipe is definitely one to pin! This recipe made 4 big servings:
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken or skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed if you have time)
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (feel free to add more if you want more spice)
- Couple dashes of sesame seeds
- Fresh Broccoli (optional)
- I used skinless chicken tenderloins, it was easy and quick to cut up into bite size pieces.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet and cook the chicken on medium-high, takes about 5-7 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the honey, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, orange juice, cornstarch and red pepper flakes together.
- Once everything is mixed together well, pour over the chicken in the skillet.
- If you want broccoli, cut up the broccoli into bite size piece and throw on top of the mixture and let cook on medium-low for 10-12 minutes more until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
For additional garnish and flavor, throw some fresh green onion on top before serving (I love me some green onion). Though it’s not needed, the flavors of this dish is phenomenal on it’s own. I served it over white rice but it can be served alone. I did a side of asian slaw, I cheated and bought the pre-mixed asian slaw pack (it can be found near the bags of ready to make coleslaw). Voila!