First off, let’s get something straight, I promise to never steer you into a recipe I wouldn’t make again. I get a lot of inspiration for my meals and desserts through Pinterest and have experienced devastating pinterest fails. Devastating to my ego, that is. I won’t go into detail but some pinterest fails still hurt my heart. ::sigh:: With that said, THIS recipe is a keeper!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup is super easy to make. Simply add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker except for the tortellini. I like to add them in about 15 minutes before serving so they don’t get mushy. Serve this soup with some parmesan cheese, crusty bread or a nice salad and enjoy!
- 1½ pounds boneless chicken breast
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth (I always make my broth with chicken bouillon, seems more flavorful in my opinion)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- chopped fresh parsley for serving, if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker except for the tortellini.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the slow cooker and shred or cube and add back to the slow cooker.
- Add in the tortellini and cook for 15 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with chopped parsley, if desired.